Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Many Faces of Jack

It's really quite something, being the mother of a superhero. You never quite know who you're going to be dealing with. And heaven help you if you get it wrong! Robin will quite firmly remind you that he is NOT Jack, or Batman, or Spiderman, or Armyman, or Policeman, or whoever it was you mistook him for, but in fact, Robin. Then, of course, you have to remember who YOU are. Might be Robin's horse, or perhaps Army Mudder (never Mother, always Mudder). Every once in a while I get lucky, and whoever it is that has replaced Jack this day will refer to me as "Hey Jack's mom", which is a great reminder that I am not, in fact, dealing with Jack.

Sure keeps things lively around here! I mean, there are some really good things about living in a fantasy world. Now if I could just get House Cleaning Man to show up more regularly...

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Don't forget Harry Potter!! Or one of those princes from Narnia!!

Home Management Group said...

Cute! How are you guys?
(This is Bonnie, by the way.)
check me out at STUFFellaneous.blogspot.com